1. Personal information I collect
To fulfil your order, you must provide me with certain information (which you authorised to provide to me, through our website host Shopify and the payment gateway, Paypal), such as your name, email address, postal address, and the details of the product that you’re ordering. You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order for example), if you contact me directly.
2. The Legal Base for Information Collection
Why I Need Your Information and How I Use It
• as needed to provide my services, such as when I use your information to fulfil your order, to settle disputes, or to provide customer support;
• when you have provided your affirmative consent, which you may revoke at any time, such as by signing up for my mailing list;
• if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by UK tax law.
• I use your information as necessary to comply with my obligations under the terms and conditions shown on the website.
3. The third parties with whom I may share personal information.
Information about my customers is important to my business. I share your personal information for very limited reasons and in limited circumstances, as follows:
• Paypal, I share information with Paypal as necessary to provide you with secure payment gateway services and comply with my obligations under Land of Rope and Glory website's terms and conditions.
• Service providers. I engage certain trusted third parties to perform functions and provide services to my shop, such as delivery companies- for example the Royal Mail. I will share your personal information with these third parties, but only to the extent necessary to perform these services.
• Business transfers. If I sell or merge my business, I may disclose your information as part of that transaction, only to the extent permitted by law.
• Compliance with laws. I may collect, use, retain, and share your information if I have a good faith belief that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce my agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of my customers, or others.
4. Data Retention
5. Buyers’ rights regarding my use of your personal information and my contact details
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. I describe these rights below:
• Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
• Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. Apart from exceptional circumstances (like where I am required to store data for legal reasons) I will generally delete your personal information upon request.
• Object. You can object to receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless I have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
• Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.